Thursday, July 22, 2010

40 Days



Oy. In the days leading up to CAMP, I wondered that if the sky were to fall, would I know? It's really quite possible that I wouldn't have. I would have been working away in my office, unaware of the goings on outside. Meatballs and spaghetti and ice cream and jell-o could have been piled outside my window, but all I would have seen was CAMP.

I'm SO not complaining. I really love the excitement leading up to the event. It's so busy and so full of people and so wait-to-be-organized and so that-needs-to-be-done-now-why-are-you-looking-at-me-like-that crazy.

But it's July 22, and CAMP is over for another year. However, it's not done. Each student who went to CAMP received a CAMP booklet with 40 days of devotionals and a challenge packed inside. Not only are we encouraging students to follow through with their devotionals, but we are asking you to be involved. Today is Day 8. Ask your student which judge of the Bible killed folks with an ox goad. Then ask him/her what a goad is. Read the story of Rahab (a favorite of mine) and talk about the people God uses. Move to the story of Jericho. And on. Model for your student Hosea's 7/24 challenge. Then guide your student as he/she partakes in it.

Please visit Nate's blog for devotionals. Days 1-5 have been posted.

Julie Johnson, Ridgecrest Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment